How Set Up A Keyword And Brand Monitor
1. Select Services at the top of the Dashboard and then click Monitoring on the left-hand side.
2. Select Add where Brand & Keyword is listed.
3. Enter a name for your monitoring term - This is how the stream will appear in the sidebar, give it a name you can recognize.
Now you’ll have to define your keywords you want to monitor.
The next three boxes (4, 5, 6) accept words ( car), phrases ("police car") or combinations of up to 5 words or phrases per box.
4. Has all of these words: everything written here WILL BE in your search result. Please ensure that you separate these words or terms with capital OR
to ensure this works correctly. Words here will be taken as word1 AND word2 AND phrase2. For example, if you input: blue OR police car OR volvo > that's
interpreted as: blue AND "police car" AND volvo. Blue and Volvo are single words, and police car is a phrase. If these are your search words, mentions will
only appear in your stream if they have ALL of those words and phrases. Please Note: Mentions with just "police" or just "car" won't come in; they have to be
together in a phrase as "police car."
5. Has any of these words (Optional): things written here will taken as word1 OR word2 OR phrase1. An example could be police car, volvo, blue, which is
interpreted as "police car" OR volvo OR blue; the results will be about police cars, OR volvo, or things that are blue. Please Note: in this case, multiple terms
or words should be separated with commas.
6. Don't have these words (Optional): the words/phrases written here will exclude mentions with those words/phrases from the stream. Please separate with
7. Google Alerts Feed (Optional): Here is where you add a google alerts RSS Feed to get latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.), based on your
Click ‘Create a Google Alerts Feed’ below the field box to taken to Google alerts (in a pop up window).
Ensure the alert is set to Deliver to Feed and click Create Alert then locate your Alert and click on the orange RSS Icon.
Copy the RSS URL into the box back in the dashboard.
8. The default filters are set to collect mentions from all locations but you can narrow down a specific location here entering Town, City, Country and
Zip/Post Code. For more advance geo-targetting use the Longitude and Latitude and radial distance in miles fields. Please Note: If you do select
to use Geo-targeting settings, the amount of results we can provide will largely be limited to Twitter and a few other social sites which support this.
9. Here you can set types of email notifications you would like to receive as well as the email addresses which should receive these mention alerts.
10. Remember to Save Settings.